Tape drive for backup soloution

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 29 06:36:53 UTC 2011

Hi

I need to implement a tape drive backup solution at my place of work. I was wondering what is a good tape drive to get for this task, that works on freebsd with something like amanda. Its for a small business, and storing about 4TB max, and hopefully with some room spare for differential backups over time.

My server on hand has sata and IDE available.

Are there any recommendations that you can make about compatible solutions. My knowledge in this area is limited.

Sincerely,

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu