[solved] How to tell whether CPU supports x64?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Mar 18 11:27:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 02:18:22PM +0300, Ilya Kazakevich wrote:

> >        AMD Features=0x20100000<NX,LM>
> >        AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
> >        Cores per package: 16
> >         Logical CPUs per core: 2
> >
> > The Intel site does say the E5520 supports x64. It seems the lack of
> > LM in the original system does in fact mean it's a 32-bit only
> > processor.
> >

> Look again:   AMD Features=0x20100000<NX,LM>
> NX,*LM*

I believe the reference to "the original system" means the *other* system
whose output was included in the email -- which does not show "AMD
Features" data.  The "original system" does not show a reference to LM,
but the second system (whose output you quoted) *does*.

. . . which to me suggests that the processor is 64 bit, but the
"original system" for some reason does not recognize that fact.