Problem with web video

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 23:59:59 UTC 2011

On Jun 23, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Carmel wrote:
> I have been fighting a losing battle trying to get video to display
> with Firefox. I just updated to the latest version 5;however, it still
> does not work. This is on a FreeBSD-8.2 system.
>
> As an example, the following URL does not display the video or even the
> portion where one would usually click on to start the video.
>
> http://front.moveon.org/bill-maher-if-our-policy-is-yeehaw-jesus-takes-the-wheel-were-dead-already/

That's Flash content.  Adobe supports Windows, MacOSX, Linux, and Solaris
(from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions ).

If it is important to you that Flash works well, you should either persuade
Adobe to provide a FreeBSD version, or you should switch to using one of the
platforms on which Flash is supported.

Regards,
--
-Chuck