Point me to resource or user info

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Jun 21 12:09:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:50:42 -0400
Fbsd8 articulated:

> > On 21 June 2011 04:44, Allen <chef11994 at aol.com> wrote:
> > Been on Linux maybe 10-12 distributions for 10 years, am 80 and
> > always been curious about BSD so finally getting around to it.
> > Presently sadly my new Toshiba L675D seems to have some Linux
> > incompatibilities so I have win 7 with Ubuntu 10.04.2 wubi. I do
> > have a huge data partition that could be resized and wondering if
> > some kind soul would offer options based on my present
> > configuration. I do have wireless network. Thank you
>
> Best place for you to start is by reading the Freebsd Handbook
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
> and the Freebsd installer guide
> http://www.a1poweruser.com/
>
> Its easy to clobber the PCs primary operating system so before
> installing on your new Toshiba L675D be sure to create backups or
> better yet swap the hard drive with a empty one to play on until you
> have learned what your doing.

This PC supports Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n); however,
FreeBSD has extremely poor support for "N" class devices. You might
find that to be a show stopper.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.