Point me to resource or user info

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Tue Jun 21 11:50:38 UTC 2011

> On 21 June 2011 04:44, Allen <chef11994 at aol.com> wrote:
> Been on Linux maybe 10-12 distributions for 10 years, am 80 and always been curious about BSD so finally getting around to it.
> Presently sadly my new Toshiba L675D seems to have some Linux incompatibilities so I have win 7 with Ubuntu 10.04.2 wubi.
> I do have a huge data partition that could be resized and wondering if some kind soul would offer options based on my present
> configuration. I do have wireless network. Thank you

Best place for you to start is by reading the Freebsd Handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
and the Freebsd installer guide
http://www.a1poweruser.com/

Its easy to clobber the PCs primary operating system so before
installing on your new Toshiba L675D be sure to create backups or better
yet swap the hard drive with a empty one to play on until you have
learned what your doing.

Good luck and enjoy.