Installing a root certificate in openssl

jhall at socket.net jhall at socket.net
Fri Jun 3 23:17:40 UTC 2011

I am attempting to get TLS with Postfix working and I have run into a
problem and nothing I have tried seems to resolve the problem.

When a TLS connection is started, I see the following in /var/log/maillog

Jun  3 17:38:13 mo-bak-s1 postfix/smtp[41281]: certificate verification
failed for abc.org.s9a1.def.com[WW.XX.YY.ZZ]:25: untrusted issuer
/C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority

I have downloaded the Equifax Secure Certificate Authority.cer, converted
it to PEM format.  Then, I added the certificate to my certfile and
restarted Postfix.  I had the same result.

My guess is that I am doing something wrong importing the Equifax
certificate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Have a nice weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Jay