Dell R210 "no disks found"

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Fri Jun 3 15:18:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Steve Polyack <korvus at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm assuming these have the PERC H200 cards in them.  If so, you will need
> the mps(4) driver which is only available in FreeBSD 8-STABLE built sometime
> after the 8.2 release.  You can find ISO snapshots of 8-STABLE builds here
> http://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/.  Search the list archives for
> "PERC H200" for more information.

I made a DVD from the ISO and then it booted.  I had to destroy the
RAID array, unfortunately.  It looks 8-STABLE can see the disks as
/dev/da0 and /dev/da1, but it can't see the array.

My next issue is this:  I can use the DVD to install 8.2-RELEASE, but
not 8-STABLE.  However, 8.2-RELEASE can't boot, sinc eit doesn't have
the driver for the HDs.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jaime Kikpole

--
Network Administrator