Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

Svein Skogen (Listmail account) svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Sun Jul 17 12:31:24 UTC 2011

On 17.07.2011 13:10, Jerry wrote:
> While I usually consider Slashdot nothing more than a bunch of
> juveniles ranting against Microsoft; however, I did find this rather
> interesting post this morning.
>
> "Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore"
>
> <http://bsd.slashdot.org/story/11/07/16/0020243/Lennart-Poettering-BSD-Isnt-Relevant-Anymore>
>
> Interestingly enough, a great deal of it is true. It might be
> interesting to know how others feel about it. Obviously, asking that
> question on this forum is like playing against a stacked deck; however,
> it still might prove interesting.

Given that most of his creations are half-done and half-working, and how
his intentions seems to Applify Linux into an iToy-lookalike-OS, I
consider his "opinions"  ... well ... let's just say I'm pretty sure
he's afraid of direct sunlight.

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein at d80.iso100.no
  \ /   |Solberg Østli 9    | PGP Key:  0xE5E76831
   X    |2020 Skedsmokorset | svein at jernhuset.no
  / \   |Norway             | PGP Key:  0xCE96CE13
        |                   | svein at stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail at stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein at jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.