can't build teTeX port in FreeBSD 8.2 amd64

Jamie Paul Griffin jpg at gnix.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 16:44:07 UTC 2011

> I would advise you to get TeXLive instead, but that is just me.  You
> can install from TeXLive DVD, or go get a DVD with packages:

 I would second that. It comes comlete with FreeBSD binaries for i386 and amd64 in the 2010 release and installing it is really easy.

> I hoped for a true native port for TeXLive

I can't see that it's really necessary. I remember difficulties with the 2009 release when FreeBSD binaries were not included but now they are the installation is headache-free.

	jamie.