wine questions

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 11:56:07 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 January 2011, Yuri Pankov wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:50:31PM +0000, Mike Clarke wrote:

[snip]

> > But VirtualBox OSE doesn't support USB.
>
> VirtualBox 4 *seems* to support USB (I have the option in the GUI,
> haven't tried it though). It's available for testing from
> http://svn.bluelife.at/ at the moment.

That's very welcome news. I have a USB printer (Canon iP4500) which
works very well with FreeBSD as far as printing is concerned but it's a
bit of a pain having to move it over to a Windows PC if I want to run
any of the utilities like checking ink levels or head cleaning. USB
support with VirtualBox would be very useful for that.

I'm usually rather hesitant when it comes to experimenting
with 'bleeding edge' versions of software but I'm seriously tempted to
give this one a try.

--
Mike Clarke