Problem building GIMP 2.6.11 on 8.2-PRERELEASE

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Thu Jan 27 17:14:04 UTC 2011

According to Chris Brennan <xaero at xaerolimit.net> on Thu, 01/27/11 at 12:03:

> gmake is GNU Make, some applications don't talk nice w/ bsdmake ('make' on
> your bsd system). If your installing GIMP from ports then you should be
> correctly using something like 'make install clean'. The only time I've
> invoked gmake was when building something by hand vs letting a ports
> makefile do the footwork for me.

Okay, thanks.  However I still have a broken poppler (somehow) which
means I am unable to build the Gimp from the ports tree.  What should I
next look for?  I have re-built/installed graphics/poppler and also
graphics/gimp (using "make install") but I still get the same error.  :-(

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|