no apache22, php5 cores

Terrence Koeman root at mediamonks.net
Sat Jan 22 01:40:48 UTC 2011

[snip]
> Apache will work with php, but some sites may be coded with it, so they
> will simply show the code- careful with security! Better stop apache to
> be sure until it works with php, OR comment out the sites using it.

Afaik it's possible to protect yourself against this problem by configuring Apache to refuse serving some types of files (.php, etc.) as static. This provides a safeguard against serving up config files with passwords and whatnot.

As I don't run Apache any longer I can't help with the details, but I remember it being quite simple to accomplish.

There's also a script floating around on the internet that will detect a php load failure, send a mail about it, switch config files and start up apache without PHP and have it serve up a PHP load error page for all PHP requests.

--
Regards,
T. Koeman, MTh/BSc/BPsy; Technical Monk

MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
Please quote relevant replies in correspondence.