no apache22, php5 cores

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Sat Jan 22 01:25:18 UTC 2011

On 01/22/11 11:03, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 09:28:50AM +1000, Da Rock wrote:

>> Run ps ax | grep httpd. If it doesn't show up then its not working. If
>> it says NO_HTTP_ACCEPT or similar its not working either.
>>

> 	yes!  i was wondering.  I tried this around noon and got a slew of the
> 	DNOHTTPACCEPT ...  I Was going to mention this but didn't.
>
> 	Shouldve.
>

>> Also, regardless of the output there, try commenting out loading the php
>> module in httpd.conf. If apache works then it is just a php problem.
>> 9/10 the php problem is just the extensions dependencies problem.
>> /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini - recode at the top (required by most
>> other extensions), and shuffle the others as required. ie.:
>>

> 	By jove [[aka ohshit]], apache still works.  With all the php stuff
> 	commented out.  just to be sure, i'll try Wash's apachectl ....
> 	For some reason i just dont trust scripts... .
>
> 	Says ^Syntax OK
>
> 	Still, even with apache22 going I can't reach any of my sites.  At
> 	lwast two have index.html, so these subdomains ought to work, right?
>

>> extension=recode.so
>> extension=yaz.so
>> extension=fileinfo.so
>> extension=pdf.so
>> extension=fribidi.so
>> extension=imap.so
>> extension=mysql.so
>> extension=xml.so
>> extension=ncurses.so
>> extension=sockets.so
>> extension=gmp.so
>> extension=pgsql.so
>> extension=exif.so
>> extension=json.so
>> extension=ming.so
>> extension=mbstring.so
>> extension=zlib.so
>> extension=pcntl.so
>> extension=mssql.so
>> extension=dbase.so
>> extension=pdo.so
>> extension=tidy.so
>> extension=mhash.so
>> extension=gettext.so
>> extension=xmlrpc.so
>> extension=sysvshm.so
>> extension=ftp.so
>> extension=pcre.so
>> extension=filter.so
>> extension=ctype.so
>> extension=mcrypt.so
>> extension=odbc.so
>> extension=ldap.so
>> extension=bcmath.so
>> #extension=recode.so
>> extension=hash.so
>> extension=zip.so
>> extension=xmlwriter.so
>> extension=interbase.so
>> extension=tokenizer.so
>> extension=calendar.so
>> extension=dba.so
>> extension=gd.so
>> extension=snmp.so
>> extension=session.so
>> extension=soap.so
>> extension=sysvsem.so
>> extension=iconv.so
>> extension=sybase_ct.so
>> extension=simplexml.so
>> extension=spl.so
> [...]
Apache will work with php, but some sites may be coded with it, so they
will simply show the code- careful with security! Better stop apache to
be sure until it works with php, OR comment out the sites using it.

When you build the php-extensions port, everything selected via make
config options is built, and as it is built (it doesn't give 2 hoots
about extension dependencies) it appends the extensions.ini. You need to
reorder the extensions so that the extensions are loaded AFTER the
extensions they depend on. And they will change from time to time
killing your apache once IT reloads- reloading the php module will fail
and it won't respond.

Once you have discovered which extensions rely on which, you'll get the
idea. The extensions.ini I posted should get you started. But subtract
and add what you need. Running php should give you some clue as to what
is wrong, and a quick search on google will generally provide you what
you need.

 From memory recode should be at the top (needed by most), hash relies
on mhash (I think- or the reverse); sorry I can't exactly remember more :)