Is there a 'Y' (i.e. branch) version of a command pipe?

Jon Radel jon at
Sun Jan 9 05:07:32 UTC 2011

On 1/8/11 10:30 PM, Modulok wrote:
> List,
> Is there a command that lets me send standard input to two different
> places at the same time? (i.e. non-sequentially.) Think of it like a
> pipe character, but with a 'Y' branch instead. Basically, I want to
> record standard input to a log file, but also send it to another
> command for processing.
Think T, not Y, and then type

man tee

which I suspect does exactly what you want.


--Jon Radel
jon at

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list