Is there a 'Y' (i.e. branch) version of a command pipe?

John Levine johnl at
Sun Jan 9 04:18:19 UTC 2011

>Is there a command that lets me send standard input to two different
>places at the same time? (i.e. non-sequentially.) Think of it like a
>pipe character, but with a 'Y' branch instead. Basically, I want to
>record standard input to a log file, but also send it to another
>command for processing.

$ man tee


More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list