9650SE-2LP raid card locks system

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Mon Jan 3 21:31:56 UTC 2011

I have a number of these cards and they work very well for us.  What
version of the firmware are you using on the card ?

I have this on a busy db server. But its RELENG8.

twa0: <3ware 9000 series Storage Controller> port 0x1000-0x10ff mem
0xb0000000-0xb1ffffff,0xb4000000-0xb4000fff irq 19 at device 0.0 on pci12
twa0: [ITHREAD]
twa0: INFO: (0x15: 0x1300): Controller details:: Model 9650SE-2LP, 2
ports, Firmware FE9X 3.08.00.016, BIOS BE9X 3.08.00.004

I have had good luck with Areca cards as well, but they start in 4 port
models.  But really, all should work just fine with this 3ware/LSI card

	---Mike