9650SE-2LP raid card locks system

Troy Beisigl troy at i2bnetworks.com
Mon Jan 3 21:20:32 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We have been seeing a problem with FreeBSD 7.3 and up where the system
will just hang when using a 9650SE-2LP raid card and 2 500G drives
mirrored. The system will run for about a week and then the filesystem
just hangs, causing the system to hang. We've looked through the logs
and found nothing at all. We have changed the card and then the
motherboard but the problem still exists. We have run this card with
CentOS without fail in the same system configuration.

If the card is not supported, can anyone recommend one that does work?

Thanks,

Troy Beisigl