How can I implement true vps with FreeBSD as a host?

Sat Jan 1 02:28:03 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2010 08:04 PM, Da Rock wrote:
> Depends on what you mean by 'fair'. I think you can now determine CPU
> usage in jails, even allocate cores. I think the man pages can tell
> you more about that, and the docs on freebsd.org. You can unmask some
> devices within the jail and allow only certain jails and users to
> access it. And finally I think you can jail a jail now, so that might
> be useful- especially in CPU allocation.

I was thinking about possible DoS issues with memory management,
however, I have not read far enough into the Jails docs to find out if
there is anything new in this arena.  I was actually considering the
security aspects of memory overflows, etc....

--
Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth
M. G. Wigglesworth Holdings, LLC