display resolution on my thinkpad t61

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Feb 26 05:41:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:41:05 +0100, Alokat <mailing at alokat.org> wrote:
> On 02/25/11 22:45, Alokat wrote:
> > 1440x900 is enough for the external but the internal can / should use
> > 1680x1050.
> > How can I add this to xrandr?
> I got it ...
> Just started without the external monitor and after that use this command:
>
>   xrandr --output LVDS --primary --output VGA --auto --left-of LVDS
>
> Now the internal monitor is the primary .. contains the Fluxbox menu and
> the external is the secondary.

You can also use xrandr to force settings that are not
present in xorg.conf or cannot be configured properly:

	xrandr --fb 1680x1050
	xrandr --size 1680x1050

I'm using this "hack" to convince X to run my monitor
at 1400x1050 which it doesn't seem to be able to anymore
(unlike XFree86 - same system, GPU, and monitor).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany