8.2 prerelease, virtualbox, and windows guests that freeze...

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Sun Feb 6 20:49:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Eric Schuele <e.schuele at computer.org>wrote:

> I realize NTFS on fBSD has been shaky in the past, but had heard it had
> come a long way these days.  It does seem to work well for all my
> purposes, except these VMs.  Had hoped NTFS was not the issue.

ntfs/ntfs-3g is foolhardy at best in linux *and* fbsd ... it's trashed so
many drives.partitions on me it's not even funny anymore... and I never did
much w/ them except small stuff anyway. If you need to access the volumes in
*nix/windows then why not FAT32 then? I use a FAT32 drive for my music so I
can access it in any OS reliably and the drive is now 6+ years old.