KDE on FreeBSD 8.1 - Akonadi Control Process Not Registered at D-Bus

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 4 20:36:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 00:23:31 +0600
Alexey Serebryakoff <overlapped at gmail.com> articulated:

> This is my /etc/rc.conf

> hald_enable="YES"
> polkitd_enable="YES"
> dbus_enable="YES"
> local_startup="${local_startup} /usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d"
> kdm4_enable="YES"

I had a friend who had a problem with Akonadi also, although it was
failing with MySQL and dbus. For whatever reason, he ran
"mysql_upgrade", rebooted the system and the problem went away. Perhaps
it was just a coincidence. In any event, he does not have a
"polkitd_enable" statement in the rc.conf file, nor a "local_startup"
one either.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net