I am FreeBSD user.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 16:37:33 UTC 2011

On 15/12/2011 15:36, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
> I find that kernel log messages about killed processes are doubling the
> characters just like that (on an SMP machine). Probably thay are getting killed
> simultaneously and the kernel writes msg about that one-by-one character.
>
> Should I file a PR on this? Have no idea how could I reproduce a situation. but
> it's regularly sent from 'periodic daily' several kernel log messages collected
> for a day.

What OS version? There was a similar problem experienced on multi-core
machines where some of the boot messages were getting interleaved like
that.  It was harmless, other than being aesthetically unpleasing -- I
believe it has been fixed in 8.2-RELEASE or later.

If you can demonstrate the problem on a recent version of the OS, and it
is definitely not the another instance of problem I describe above, then
yes, that's certainly worth an e-mail to freebsd-stable at ... and possibly
a PR as well.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3