I am FreeBSD user.

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Thu Dec 15 15:37:04 UTC 2011

Hello.

2011/12/14 16:11:27 +0000 Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh at onetel.com> => To freebsd-questions at freebsd.org :
CW> >> ssuuddoo --VV | --hh | --ll | --LL | --vv | --kk | --KK | --ss | [ --HH
CW> > properly as bold.  On an ancient teletype that would have been done by
CW> > retyping the same character on top of the first one, which is ultimately
CW> > where all those doubled characters come from.

CW> I know it's trivial but I sent a PR (163149) with a patch (of sorts).

I find that kernel log messages about killed processes are doubling the
characters just like that (on an SMP machine). Probably thay are getting killed
simultaneously and the kernel writes msg about that one-by-one character.

Should I file a PR on this? Have no idea how could I reproduce a situation. but
it's regularly sent from 'periodic daily' several kernel log messages collected
for a day.

--
Peter Vereshagin <peter at vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: A0E26627