Which Lenovo Laptop?
bunchou at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 9 07:34:20 UTC 2011
I am typing this message on a W520 running 9.0 stable, which should be
similar enough to the T520.
- MBR boot works fine, but GPT seems to be impossible (Lenovo
appears to have messed up again).
- The NVidia driver is working almost perfectly once you enforce it in
BIOS, but occasionally (3 times in last 2.5 months) the screen starts
displaying a strange block pattern after some time and renders the
display unusable until I restart X (logging in via SSH works, as does
the power button == ACPI shutdown). Haven't been able track the cause
- Suspend seems to be unreliable, so I stopped trying (back on BETA2).
- acpi_ibm.ko works once you patch sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_ibm.c,
line 338, and replace "IBM0068" with "LEN0068", which makes most of
the multimedia keys usable.
- Wireless is working (iwn), but I'm not using it that frequently so
- I cannot comment on bluetooth, camera or SD card reader, since I
never use those.
But there is one annoying problem I did not manage to fix yet: The
screen brightness control does not work at all, i.e. it's always at
maximum (hw.acpi.video sysctls seem to have no effect). All in all, this
laptop is a nice desktop replacement, just don't expect the battery to
last too long.
More information about the freebsd-questions