BIND and LDAP support

Kernel Panic kpnemesis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:50:24 UTC 2011

Hello, thanks for replying.

Regarding building BIND, are you sure the setting should go in
make.conf and not src.conf - here is the relevant text from the
src.conf man page:

"WITHOUT_BIND
             Setting this variable will prevent any part of BIND from being
             built.  When set, it also enforces the following options:

             WITHOUT_BIND_DNSSEC
             WITHOUT_BIND_ETC
             WITHOUT_BIND_LIBS_LWRES
             WITHOUT_BIND_MTREE
             WITHOUT_BIND_NAMED
             WITHOUT_BIND_UTILS"

Thankyou for the web link for the DLZ driver however I had already
seen it; my confusion is what is the difference between BIND built
with the DLZ LDAP driver and BIND built with the 'sdb' (simplified
database interface) option as specified in
http://bind9-ldap.bayour.com/ and as built in the dns/bind97-sdb port?

If these are two different ways for BIND to use LDAP, which one should I choose?

Thanks.