ZFS Filesystems wont auto-mount on boot

APseudoUtopia apseudoutopia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 06:28:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

I followed a couple tutorials I found through google to setup RAID-Z1
on root on FreeBSD 9.0-RC2. Everything works well, except it always
drops me into a recovery shell on boot. I'm forced to run `zfs mount
-a` to get all my data visible. Here's the boot log:

Trying to mount root from zfs:root []...
Dec 3 01:23:07 init: login_getclass: unknown class `daemon`
cannot open /etc/rc: No such file or directory
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

I then hit return, then run `zfs mount -a` to mount all my zfs filesystems.

How can I have zfs automount these filesystems on boot so that the
system can continue booting without being interrupted?

Thank you!