A quality operating system

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Sun Aug 28 16:21:08 UTC 2011

--As of August 28, 2011 9:10:34 AM -0600, Chad Perrin is alleged to have
said:

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 09:04:28PM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
>> Quoth Chad Perrin on Saturday, 27 August 2011:
>> >
>> > I've decided to provide the "professional" response "Evan" claims to
>> > crave:
>> >
>> >     Dear Evan,
>> >
>> >     We appreciate your feedback on the quality, scope, and focus of our
>> >     software and documentation.  We always strive to provide the
>> >     highest quality products and service to all of our customers, and
>> >     constantly seek new ways to improve on perfection.  The input of
>> >     our customers is a key element of our strategy to consistently
>> >     provide what they need in a timely and responsible fashion.
>> >
>> >     Your ticket number is d3b07384d113edec49eaa6238ad5ff00.  Your case
>> >     worker is Robert Jones.  Your ticket is:
>> >
>> >     [ ] Pending Action
>> >     [ ] Open
>> >     [X] Closed: Complete
>> >
>> >     Your account has been charged $14.99 for successful completion.
>> >     Note that this special 25% reduced support pricing will only apply
>> >     for actions until September 15th.  Take advantage of the discounts
>> >     now!
>> >
>> >     If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to use the
>> >     support form on the Website.  Thank you for your business.
>>
>> Perfect, except you didn't charge enough -- and you didn't ask him to
>> complete a survey.
>
> In retrospect, I see that you are of course correct about the charge.
>
> I considered doing something with a survey, but it was a lot of work
> constructing something using soul-sucking corporate "customer service"
> lingo, and I just didn't have the energy left to write anything about a
> survey.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

What do you mean?  All you need is some random link to a random survey URL.
The fact that the survey doesn't mention anything about the product in
question, the type of issue addressed, what type of response he was given,
or anything else actually pertaining to his situation is totally
irrelevant.  As is the fact that the survey won't be read by anyone.  ;)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.