to come from Linux to FreeBSD

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Wed Aug 24 06:50:56 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am from Linux (Debian & Ubuntu) and I will have to intensively use
FreeBSD on servers (DNS, Database, Routing...)

I would like to install a FreeBSD on my laptop (Dell Inspiron, or some
Asus not defined yet) and then virtualize a lot (KVM seems OK) in order
to get used.

For the install on a laptop:
If my Wifi chipset is ever unsupported is it probably the same status if
I try to switch to a FreeBSD derivative?

Or more precisely: What FreeBSD derivative would you recommend if
wanting to have a usable laptop that can virtualize several flavors of
FreeBSD derivatives?

Thank you all.

--
RMA.