How can I unblur emacs and firefox menu fonts.

akshay sreeramoju akshay.sreeramoju at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:49:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

My emacs and firefox, and maybe other apps, display is blurred?
On emacs the content itself is clear, just the menu is blurred (
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/aksreera/?action=view&current=emacs.jpg
).
On firefox both content and menu are blurred (
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/aksreera/?action=view&current=firefox.jpg
).

Can any one help with guidance or pointers on what to install/configure to
unblur them? Your help is appreciated.

I am using xorg as my display manager and fvwm as my window manager
with setup truetype fonts. Some configs are appended below, please let me
know if you need any other info.

Thank you,

Akshay

Following is my system configuration:
[aksreera at cleanfreebsd /usr/home/aksreera]$ uname -a
FreeBSD x.x.x.x. 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Feb 18 02:24:46 UTC
2011     root at almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

[aksreera at cleanfreebsd /usr/home/aksreera]$ cat /etc/rc.conf
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Sun Aug  7 05:41:11 2011
# Created: Sun Aug  7 05:41:11 2011
# Enable network daemons for user convenience.
# Please make all changes to this file, not to /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
hostname="cleanfreebsd.hsd1.ca.comcast.net."
ifconfig_em0="DHCP"
inetd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
#mountd_flags="-r"
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Sun Aug  7 13:50:14 2011
sshd_enable="NO"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"
[aksreera at cleanfreebsd /usr/home/aksreera]$