portupgrades fail because of missing /usr/local/lib/liblzma.la

Gurpreet Singh gurpreet007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:46:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Matthew Seaman <
m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/08/2011 11:00, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> > So here are my questions?
> >
> > o) Why doesn't the build process of ports recognize the xz-libraries
> > in /usr/lib? (BTW, not even "make deinstall && make clean && make
> > install" helps)

I am also having same problem. Started a thread in the forum too:

> You should first get a list of all your installed ports that depend on
> archivers/xz (pkg_info -Rx xz), then force delete the archivers/xz port
> and then rebuild all the ports that linked against it.

pkg_info is unable to find xz package; "$ pkg_info|grep xz" returns nothing.

same for pkg_deinstall
sudo pkg_deinstall xz
** No matching package found.

If I go to xz's directory in ports (under archivers) and try to do make
deinstall:
xz$ sudo make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for archivers/xz
===>   xz not installed, skipping
So this also fails as xz is not installed at all, it is in the base itself.

I cannot seem to get around the problem as even after I deinstalled evince
and installed xpdf "portmaster -a" is still trying to install evince.

Regards,
Gurpreet Singh