can't build teTeX port in FreeBSD 8.2 amd64

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:32:04 UTC 2011

> If you are using TeXLive, first check if a TeXLive package for what you want
> exists. First tell tlmgr(1) to use a CTAN mirror:
>
>    tlmgr option repository http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet
>
> Then list all packages available:
>
>    tlmgr list|less
>
> The packages you have installed are prefixed with an 'i'.
>
>> Am taking a look at TDS, but still confused :(
>
> Make a texmf directory in your $HOME. This is searched by default in TeXLive.
> See /usr/local/texlive/<YEAR>/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> Just unzip pgfCVS2010-09-28_TDS.zip in ~/texmf, and run mktexlsr afterwards.
>
> Roland
> --

Roland,

I was finally able to compile this one with tikz stuff :) but with
texlive2010 not with teTeX from ports(yet).

Followed your suggestions, except that I did a global install of pgf
file in /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/ folder, copied pgf zip file
there and unzipped it, ran mktexlsr as root and finally had to snatch
picnic.sty

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex209/contrib/picins

then it worked.  I might have to try something similar with the teTeX
system but it looks more complicated, there are more files and where
should I place them so that everything falls into place?  Anyhow,
thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,

Antonio