access an extended partition and

sofiane chabane si_soso at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 28 07:19:10 UTC 2011

  Good morning,
  I have installed FreeBSD in a multiboot way on my PC but till now I can't access my extended partition. Indeed, on my PC I have 4 primary partitions that I organized like this:

 Primary partition 1 : WinRE of windows vista

 Primary partition 2 : windows Vista

 Primary partition 3 : FreeBSD

 Primary partition 4 that is the extended one contains:

             Logical partition 1 : windows XP

             Logical partition 2 : a Gnu/Linux distribution

             Logical partition 3 : Data

So, the problem is that I can't access the extended partion especially the Data one. This is my first problem.

 The second one is this:
 I'd like to change my profil picture (on my logging screen-I'm using KDE) and put my personal photo for example; I have tried but kdbm inducates that it 's impossible to do it.
 These are the problems I've encountered, so I hope I were concise.
 Thank you very much for being so kind and help me to solve these problems.

 Best Regards