GUI Suggested?

John lists at reiteration.net
Sat Sep 25 20:10:37 UTC 2010

On 23/09/2010 04:29, Jorge Biquez wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> In all these years I have been working with FreeBSd under terminal/shell
> mode. Since all my needs to solve have been solved that way I have never
> tried any graphical interface.
>
> I was wondering if you can tell suggest me based on yoru experience on
> what path to follow? KDE? any other?
>
> I would like to test what you suggest is the best for you and if
> possible that it is not TOO complicated to setup. The idea is to use it
> as my desktop plattfor (documents, browser, email, etc)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jorge Biquez

Locally, on the desktop I use windowmaker. It's fast, simple and very
customisable. Loads of little wm apps to help you along. Thousands of
themes, easily themeable. When I need a graphical environment remotely,
I tunnel a vnc connection through ssh and the desktop there is blackbox.
Simple colours, no eye candy. Reasonably responsive even through an ISDN
connection.
--
John