GUI Suggested?

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Thu Sep 23 19:04:37 UTC 2010

Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Chip Camden
> <sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> > Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:

> >> If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
> >> lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
> >> vim-like (among other things ;-).
> >
> > scrotwm does look interesting -- I read through the man page, but
> > couldn't find a way to specify that certain windows should be moved by
> > default to specific workspaces.  Can that be done?
> >

> I'm not too sure what you're asking "certain window should be moved by
> default to specific workspaces." Since you read the man page I'm
> guessing you're not talking about changing which xterm is in focus.
> Focus moves by defualt to each new tem that you open
> (alt-shift-return).
>
> Maybe www.scrotwm.org will help.

Nope.  The wiki doesn't present anything either.

What I mean is for example when I launch Firefox, I want it to go to
workspace 3.  When I launch gimp, I want it on workspace 7.  I can easily
specify that in xmonad, using either the window class or window title.  I
don't want to have to move all these windows where I want them every time
I log in.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com