GUI Suggested?

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:38:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Chip Camden
<sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
> Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Chip Camden
>> <sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
>> > Quoth Jorge Biquez on Wednesday, 22 September 2010:

>> > After trying a few different WMs, I settled on xmonad.  It's minimalist
>> > -- meaning it stays out of your way.  It's also highly configurable, in
>> > Haskell.  It's lightweight and fast.  It's a developer's WM.
>> >

>> If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
>> lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
>> vim-like (among other things ;-).
>
> scrotwm does look interesting -- I read through the man page, but
> couldn't find a way to specify that certain windows should be moved by
> default to specific workspaces.  Can that be done?

I'm not too sure what you're asking "certain window should be moved by
default to specific workspaces." Since you read the man page I'm
guessing you're not talking about changing which xterm is in focus.
Focus moves by defualt to each new tem that you open
(alt-shift-return).

Maybe www.scrotwm.org will help.