Support for AIX

srividya.k at tcs.com srividya.k at tcs.com
Fri Sep 17 05:16:56 UTC 2010

We have a source code that needs to be compiled. Its the OpenGroup's DCE(
used as RPC).
The source code is available , but we are not able to compile it with
either AIX's make utility or gmake.

The syntax corresponds to BSD's make.

Will try getting the make utility from the URL?

Is there any other make utility. I am not sure if bmake is the exact
utility we require.

The makefile has macros as          -- > .if define
                                          ---> .if exists
and all the statements start with ..   GMAKE or AIX make throws errors
with this make file.

Will bmake be the right make utility to for above type of source code?

Srividya K
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: srividya.k at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com