SOLVED: serious (for me) Xorg 7.5 mouse/kbd problem in 8.1-STABLE

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Sep 8 08:00:28 UTC 2010

William Bulley <web at umich.edu> wrote:
 > See below for details of solution.
 > [...]
 > This problem is known (and fixed) in newer versions of xorg-server.
 >
 > See this URL for details of the problem.
 >
 >    <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=1884db430a5680e37e94726dff46686e2218d525>
 >
 > I have also attached the changes I made to the dit/events.c file.

Thank you very much for sharing the solution!

I've been having similar problems with olvwm recently
(apart from the fact that it doesn't work on amd64, but
that's a different story).  It keeps forgetting grabs
every now and then, forcing me to restart the session.

The description at the above URL sounds like it should
be applicable to my problem, too.  I'm going to rebuild
my X server with that patch ASAP.

I wish all of the recent xorg problems would be that
easy to fix (such as Ctrl-Alt-Fx not working anymore).

Best regards
   Oliver

"Above all, they contribute to the genetic diversity in the
operating system pool.  Which is a good thing."
  -- Ruben van Staveren, on the question which BSD OS is the best one.