PDF to HTML translations

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Mon Sep 6 20:35:11 UTC 2010

Quoth Chad Perrin on Monday, 06 September 2010:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 12:04:37PM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
> >
> > How about print/p5-PDFLib and print/pecl-pdflib to roll your own?  Maybe
> > that's more work than you wanted.
>
> I've looked into the PDFLib and PDF modules for Perl in CPAN, but as far
> as I've been able to determine they don't offer any support for exporting
> to other formats.  I'd love to find out I'm wrong.  I've been meaning to
> sort out how to use SWISH::Filter::Pdf2HTML as a possibility, but haven't
> gotten around to it yet.
>
> Isn't PECL for PHP, though?
>
> --
> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]

Oops, you're right.  How embarrassing -- confusing Perl and PHP is like
confusing, well, any beautiful thing with its cheap imitation.  I could
blame Google, but I have to own up to my own careless reading of its
results.

I think PDFLib would allow you to inspect the PDF, but you'd have to
write your own corresponding HTML.

SWISH::Filter::Pdf2HTML looks promising, though.

Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com