PDF to HTML translations

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 02:52:36 UTC 2010

>What PDF to HTML translators, other than pdftohtml, am I likely to be
>able to find in ports?  I went looking for pdf2html, expecting to find
>that there, but no luck.

Off the top of my head:

OpenOffice
graphics/xpdf (via pdftotext -htmlmeta, simplistic)
graphics/poppler-utils (pdftohtml)

I'm guessing there are others, too.  Or maybe, you could use Adobe's
service.  From:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html

"Adobe PDF Conversion by Email Attachment
If the Adobe PDF file is on local media, such as a hard drive, CD-ROM,
or internal server, it can be submitted as a MIME attachment to an
e-mail message. All converted Adobe PDF documents will be sent back to
the sender as MIME attachments. For plain text, mail the attached PDF
to pdf2txt at adobe.com. For HTML, mail the attached PDF to
pdf2html at adobe.com."

b.