RELENG_8_1 Release build fails

egoitz at ramattack.net egoitz at ramattack.net
Wed Sep 1 14:51:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a release from RELENG_8_1 branch because of mbuf bug
and so... and wanted to make my own freebsd cds (updated)... I have
downloaded the whole freebsd cvs,  later with cvs create the snapshot
under /usr/src and later under /usr/src/release done a :

	make release CHROOTDIR=/datos001/81release CVSROOT=/datos001/ncvs
RELEASETAG=RELENG_8_1 MAKE_ISOS=1

But it fails with :

>>> Installing everything
cd /usr/src; make -f Makefile.inc1 install
===> share/info (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 444  dir-tmpl
/datos001/81release/usr/share/info/dir
install:No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/share/info.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

After entering INSTALL=/usr/bin/install in /etc/make.conf...

it continues but stops later because it doesn't build some object files
for being copied to /datos001/81release/... in /usr/src/lib/csu/amd64/...
after building them by hand, later again stops because libc is not
compiled...

Seems like there's a problem in some Makefiles... am I wrong?. Will be
this corrected the next days in the cvs?.

Thanks a lot really.

Bye!.