Too many binary packages are missing

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:54:42 UTC 2010

On 10/15/10, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/10 09:39, b. f. wrote:
>> On 10/15/10, Ian Smith<smithi at nimnet.asn.au>  wrote:
>>

>>> http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable works,
>>> it's what portupgrade looks at on an 8.1-STABLE system, but it's a bit
>>> sad finding the last directory updated at 1st October.  I checked just
>>> one subdir, sysutils, and the newest file there is 30th September.
>>>
>> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/packagestats.html
>> http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portsuploadstatus.py

>>> Er, 8-STABLE (packages) is for currently 8.1-STABLE (world/kernel), no?
>>>
>> No.  I thought the 8-STABLE packages were from a recent snapshot of
>> 8-STABLE, because that's the way that tinderboxes are set up.
>> However, I checked, and actually a version of the last supported
>> stable branch of 6.*, and some versions of the _oldest_ supported
>> stable branches of 7,8 are used. Right now, for i386 it's:
>>
>> 6.x-stable -->  6.4-RELEASE-p9
>> 7.x-stable -->  7.1-RELEASE-p12
>> 8.x-stable -->  8.0-RELEASE-p2
>> 9.x-current -->  a snaphot of 9-CURRENT
>>

> For example I am watching the update process of one i386 system.
> portupgrade just failed to find one more package:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/All/kdeutils-4.5.2.tgz
>
> Is it misconfigured, wrong path? I didn't touch this part of
> configuration at all.

Right now I only see:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org:21/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/All/kdeutils-4.5.1.tbz

from 29 Sept. 2010. The port, misc/kdeutils4, was updated on 5 Oct.
2010, and the latest 8.x-stable i386 has not yet been placed on the
servers.  But this is one of those cases I mentioned, where it seems
that pointyhat has a package that the ftp servers do not. (I don't
know why.)  So you could try:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-8-packages-latest/misc/kdeutils-4.5.2.tbz

or, better yet, build your own.

b.