Support for the intel Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Wed Oct 13 19:19:43 UTC 2010

It appears (hopefully) that support for this may appear in FreeBSD 9. I infer
that some kernel support for DRM involves kernel support
(http://wiki.freebsd.org/DriDrivers) if so I think thats really too bad as all
the ~400 pieces of Xorg which develop at their own pace makes this a hard (or at
least delicate) process for the kernel team to support Xorg.

Anyway this chip is sorta supported by the vesa driver with apparently the only
resolutions supported being 1024x768 and 800x600. That really too bad (for me)
as the video I have supports 1600x900, 1440x900, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x800,
1280x768, and 1280x720.

My questions: is this the correct list to seek help on; and, is there any way to
configure the vesa driver to support any other resolution. I do not need DRM or
anything other than a better screen resolution.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com