Too many binary packages are missing

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Wed Oct 13 17:51:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 09:38:25AM -0700, Yuri wrote:

> I am updating i386 system (portupgrade -aP) and whole lot of binary
> packages are missing.
> For example, gcc-4.5.0, qt4-corelib are examples of large packages that
> are missing that don't require too many dependencies and are very basic.

gcc is in base as cc(1). There are a metric ton of qt4 ports and they
are not basic in that they are not required if you don't use KDE or
its applications.

> I know, it may be caused by failed dependencies, copyright restrictions,
> etc. But it's hard to imagive why they are missing for these two: no
> copyright restrictions, and almost no dependencies.
>
> This unfortunately slows down many people.
> Is there any solution to this problem? Maybe people just forget about
> this build server and some minor fix wil help?

It's a case of having space on the servers IIRC.

Also some require too many options to be set at build time (probably
the problem with qt). I know it's the reason why OO.o is not packaged
- too many languages & other options.

> Yuri

Regards,

--