foo; no such thing as a "dual-nic" atom firewall

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Nov 25 01:20:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 02:23:33PM +0100, Goran Lowkrantz wrote:
> --On November 23, 2010 17:43:12 -0800 Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
>
> >Maybe someone on-list can help me; after 5+ hours of clicking and
> >typing, I can't find an atom cpu computer with dual NICs.  I
> >_thought_ I'd found a computer to replace to Kayak firewall
> >[pfSense], but nada.
> >
> >Any wizards on this list have a clue?
> >
> >--
> > Gary Kline  kline at thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service
> >Unix            Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
> >The 7.97a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org
> >

> I run pfSense on this
> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPE.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y>
> in this
> <http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/1U/503/SC503L-200.cfm>
>
> - glz

	Well, it looks like this one is it; it has the enclosure and so
	on with take more assembly that I myself can do, but not a
	fellow computer geek.  Since I'm doing this as-if from scratch,
	what's the best way of getting pfSense installed?  Can I do it
	somehow over the wire or use a thumb drive?

	What I understand is that the board won't be in stock until Dec
	20th and I need it by the 15th, so  should I just google around?
	(I'm imagine all the tens of millions of peiople who are
	shopping for a board that runs a firewall integrated with
	FrreeBSD:-)

	Anybody?