How long laptop battery should live ?

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Tue Nov 23 22:03:04 UTC 2010

I just looked into a batt for my daughters dell, her li-on lasted 14 months, now on "full" charge it only lasts 40 mins...  Terrible.  If you can get 2 years out of a batt ur lucky.  I read some tech docs on li-on cells; if you can store at 50% charge in the fridge and when in use don't let it run down 100%.