Does MAC version of iTunes work on FreeBSD?

Chris Rees utisoft at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:38:51 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 19:26, Nathan Vidican <nathan at vidican.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD at insightbb.com> wrote:
>>
>> --
>> System Name:   laptop2.StevenFriedrich.org
>> Hardware:      2.80GHz Intel Pentium 4 (HTT) with 2 GB memory
>> OS version:    FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p1 i386 (6.4 MB kernel)
>> manager(s):    kde4-4.5.3
>> X windows:     xorg-7.5    X.Org X Server 1.7.5
>
> No. The Mac version of iTunes depends on the Cocoa application
> framework, which is a set of Objective C objects that, as far as I am
> aware of, has no compatible framework under FreeBSD.
>
> --
> Nathan Vidican
> nathan at vidican.com

Neither does the Windows version.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1347

You could however try gtkpod, rhythmbox or Amarok if your goal is to
sync your iPod.

Also, please don't write X windows, its name is the X Window System [1].

Chris

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System#Nomenclature