Why do you use a devil as a mascot?

Jerry freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Nov 13 18:01:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:37:48 -0500
Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> articulated:

> > Can we add this once-a-month question about Beastie to either the
> > FAQ or the "resources for newbies" on the website?
>
> Now that is a good idea.

That would be a waste of time. You would be working under the totally
unproven assumption that it would actually be read or adhered to.

Now, if this forum were open only to subscribers and when they
subscribed this info was presented in the "welcome" message and if they
were forewarned that even thinking about asking this question of the
forum would result in their banishment from the forum, then perhaps
you might have a working solution.

I give Wietse a lot of credit for the way he runs his Postfix forum.
Continuing a post after its usefulness has waned, or asking
unrelated questions, etc. can and does get you banished from the group.
Maybe it is time to get a moderator with a set for this forum.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net