sysinstall install.cfg

Ross westr at connection.ca
Thu Nov 11 15:48:42 UTC 2010

vgc> I do this twice before the installCommit and both scripts run and load the
vgc> resulting configs successfully. I also run another script after the
vgc> InstallComit...it fails citing the script could not be found. In
vgc> troubleshooting, I found that sysinstall is removing /stand and doing other
vgc> stuff to / and /var. So, I know why the script cannot be found...because
vgc> sysinstall is removing it.

sysinstall basically does a chroot into the newly installed root after
doing the installcommit, and then remounts the installation source as
/dist (not quite true, you can mount other sources at this time, but
always to /dist).

After the installcommit, you basically are now at a normal freebsd
installation (ie: /usr/bin and the like are available). You lose
access to your original mfsroot distribution at this point.

R.