ECCN Number

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Thu Nov 4 00:58:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Siebenaler, Joshua D
<Joshua.D.Siebenaler at boeing.com> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> My name is Joshua Siebenaler, I am a procurement agent with the Boeing Company in Kent, WA.
>
> I had a request come across my desk recently inquirying about FreeBsD's V7.3 software.

This has been discussed before here are some excerpts:

- Some have said it's the same as Linux : ECCN# is 5D002.

- If the ECCN for the computer hardware won't suffice, then use NLR in block 27
of the Shipper's Export Declaration, and use EAR99 in block 28.

Here are some of the references:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-chat/2005-April/003269.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-December/164217.html

Best,