Problem compiling lsof

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue May 25 20:08:59 UTC 2010

On Tue 25 May 2010 at 11:17:36 PDT Arthur Barlow wrote:
>  I did this and sure enough "vm_memattr_t" is defined as a parameter
>  in a typedef as follows: typedef int d_mmap2_t (struc cdev *dev,
>  vm_offset_t offset, vm_paddr_t *paddr, int nprot, vm_memattr_t
>  *memattr);

So the question is, why didn't the grep in the Configure script find
this line?

Your cc commandline defines symbols (e.g. HAS_NO_SI_UDEV) which are only
set in the same section of the Configure script, based on a grep of the
same conf.h file. So we can be pretty sure we haven't skipped over the
test for vm_memattr_t.

You don't perhaps have LSOF_INCLUDE defined in your environment?  If so,
is it set to something other than /usr/include?